- Eat less
- Eliminate or reduce foods high in saturated fats such as: cream, cheese, eggs, hydrogenated oils, margarine, processed foods and intoxicants.
- Add to your diet moderately pungent foods such as: onions, mustard greens, watercress, fennel, ginger, dill, turmeric, horseradish, mint, basil, marjoram, cumin, black pepper.
- Avoid overly hot, spicy and greasy foods.
- Sprouted grains, beans, and seeds, fresh vegetables and fruits eliminate stagnant Liver Qi.
- Minimally processed sweeteners are best such as: stevia powder, barley malt, rice syrup, date sugar and unrefined whole sugar cane.
- Bitter and sour foods reduce excess in the Liver. These include apple cider and brown rice vinegars, lemon, lime or grapefruit. Other bitter foods are rye, romaine lettuce, asparagus, amaranth, quinoa, alfalfa, radish leaves, dandelion root, milk thistle seeds and chamomile flowers. Also celery, mung beans, seaweed, cucumber, tofu, millet and plum.
- Eat greens such as kale, swiss chard, broccoli rabbe, and dandelion greens. These are good for the digestion, elimination and cleaning out the liver.